Amy M. Gross
Elizabeth Perriello Rice
Director of Finance and Administration – Position Posting
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for the following areas: finance, human resources, administration, and IT. These duties require independent analysis, judgment and organizational knowledge. This position also provides critical backup for the grants administration functions. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and works in collaboration with other colleagues at the Foundation. The Foundation is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color. The position will require work in an office setting with the possibility of a hybrid schedule through 2021.
- Lead Human Resources administration, including all elements of payroll and benefits administration, processing and reporting
- Lead Financial administration, including day-to-day detailed accounting utilizing QuickBooks Online integrating with Bank and Bill.com software, financial reporting, and banking relationships
- Oversee annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; update quarterly and review with ED to anticipate quarterly cash needs.
- Support the annual audit process by working with team members to provide proper documentation to external auditors and implement any recommendations made to maintain compliance with policies.
- Maintain all human resources and financial records
- Ensure that human resources and financial policies comply with best practices
- Provide office support, including supply management
- Manage administration of all operating contracts and insurance policies and manage relationships with vendors
- Ensure that software, hardware and office equipment and systems are appropriately supporting staff needs, including troubleshooting; working with technology support vendor(s)
- Update and maintain the Foundation’s website
- Serve as key backup for all grants administration
- Perform some data entry related to grants
- Undertake special projects at the direction of the Executive Director to ensure continued quality of administrative operations
- Other duties as needed
Skills & Qualifications
- A clear commitment to the Foundation’s values of integrity, learning, collaboration and impact.
- Strong human resources administration experience, including payroll and benefits administration
- Strong competency and experience with Quickbooks Online accounting software and online billing and banking applications
- Strong information technology skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and database management. Blackbaud grants management software experience preferred.
- Must possess the highest levels of personal and professional integrity, confidentiality and commitment to the foundation’s mission
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative and implement actions in a timely manner
- Effective at both collaborative and independent work, able to take direction and work with modest level of supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Proven abilities in analytical and reporting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able and willing to help out as needed in a small staffed office, at times taking on repetitive or routine tasks
- Enthusiastic and decisive, with poise, tact and a sense of humor
- Previous non-profit or foundation experience helpful
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional office setting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
To apply, e-mail cover letter and resume by Monday, August 16, 2021 to email@example.com with the subject line: Director of Finance and Administration Position. No phone calls please.